Thursday, June 21, 2007

INDIETORRENTS MEMBERS DISCOVER PRAVDA KID COMMENTARY, AMUSING PRAVDA KID.

So, some comments rolled in last night concerning my post last summer on Indietorrents, that very fascinating community of music-file-sharing folks. I described Indietorrents folks as rude and pretentious. The Indietorrents community has replied. Some comments on my comments:

You OBVIOUSLY don't understand a damn thing about us.

HEY MAN, YOU TALKING ABOUT MY INDIETORRENTS LIKE THAT? GODDAMN SON IF YOU WERE HERE RIGHT NOW I'D SLAP YOUR HONKY ASS THEN RIDE YOU AROUND TOWN WITH A BIG SIGN THAT SAYS "THIS HERE FELLER IS MY BITCH".

I wish you has an acoount so I could bring down the bannation hammer.
So, though I think Indietorrents is fascinating and terrifically important to understanding what's happening to music these days (many good things are happening, mind you), I may have emphasized the 'pretentious' and 'rude' (my terms) elements a bit too much. So, I now turn to my other dear readers, and ask: what's the deal with this response? It's hard not to feel for these folks. They're trying, and that's something. But their concern for distinctions between those in and out of their network (hence the itchy 'bannation' trigger finger here) seems to drive them more than anything else. A very glib, functionalist aproach would tell us that they have been alienated in the past, and now (return of the repressed) take a pleasure in applying the rules of alienation to their own interests. Here's lookin' at you, Indietorrents! You have spirit! And, in today's thin world, that really is something.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey pravda kid shut your dickhole

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nah, man you got it all wrong

we just don't want bitches on the forums and leechers

you fail the bitch test

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home